This guide produced by Healthwatch Brighton and Hove provides some information about seeing a GP at this current time.
- Patients can still make appointments with a Doctor, Nurse, Healthcare Assistant or Social Prescriber.
- GPs are still able to make referrals and you should not delay contacting your GP if you have health concerns. Cancer referrals are still being made.
- Many GPs are continuing to limit their face to face contact with patients and are conducting appointments via telephone or video consultation. However, some practices are resuming face to face appointments. You should contact your GP to find out more.
- GPs have implemented arrangements for certain groups of patients, such as the deaf community, people with learning disabilities, people whose first language is not English and people who do not have access to the telephone.
- GP-led ‘hot sites’ have been set up around Sussex exclusively for any patient with Covid-19 symptoms.
- From July, GPs have been advised to resume certain services and vaccinations.
Should you have any questions or require further information please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17 July 2020