Healthwatch Brighton and Hove is an organisation led by and for local people, we involve local people as volunteers in our work for the following reasons:
- to ensure public involvement, ownership and leadership of Healthwatch work;
- to ensure patient voice and experience is at the centre of Healthwatch work;
- to enable Healthwatch to involve and reach a wide range of diverse people from different backgrounds and communities and of different ages;
- to help Healthwatch to have credibility with different communities in the city;
- to increase Healthwatch capacity to fulfil its functions and its work;
- to benefit from a variety of perspectives and a range of skills and knowledge;
- to utilise information and knowledge about health and social care services; and
- to ensure Healthwatch is open and transparent, has an independent voice, and is championed by local people for local people.
Currently, we are actively seeking people to volunteer in the following roles:
Enter and View Authorised Representatives
Local Healthwatch have the power to enter premises owned or controlled by health and social care providers to observe the nature and quality of services. Enter and View Authorised Representatives conduct these visits and report their observations to Healthwatch Brighton and Hove.
Enter and View training is scheduled for mid May 2017.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for a place.
Research Assistants will help design and conduct research related to local health and social care services. Local Healthwatch have statutory powers to visit and observe health and social care services. We use this power to collect information on user experience and build a knowledge bank on the quality of service provided. We then use this intelligence to work with providers and commissioners to improve services. We are keen for volunteers to be involved across this work, from design of projects, conducting research (interviews, questionnaires), writing reports and developing strategy positions.
Engagement and Communications Assistants
To assist with a range of duties, including website, Healthwatch Magazine and social media work, promoting the work of the organisation, and engaging with local communities.
Find out more
Please find application pack documents below:
Please complete the above forms and send to [email protected]
If you have any questions please contact us on 01273 234041 or at [email protected]
You can also check our Volunteer Recruitment Procedure.
At Healthwatch Brighton and Hove we offer our volunteers a fulfilling and valuable role, induction and training, support from staff, and payment of out-of-pocket expenses. We rely on our volunteers to carry out Healthwatch’s work, and we aim to recruit from all sections of the community.