Making a complaint/raising concerns

Many of us don’t know where to go if we have a concern or complaint about health or social care. With so many organisations involved it’s difficult to know where to start, let alone having the strength and persistence to navigate the system on your own.

That’s why Healthwatch England has worked with Citizens Advice to produce a series of guides  to help you make a complaint or raise a concern about health or social care.

You can find out more about what’s involved in making a complaint about a particular service and see what your next steps might be. There are tips and tools such as letter templates and other practical resources to support you to make an effective complaint.

Healthwatch Brighton and Hove also produced a guide with details of our local concerns and complaints services. It is listed below.

We want to make the system better at listening to what you have to say. But in the meantime, we hope these tools will help get your message heard.




Raising concerns about a nurse or midwife

The guide explains the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) role and how patients, carers and the public can raise a concern about a nurse or midwife. To find out more click here.



WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann