As the local health and social services watchdog for Brighton and Hove, we can give you information on how to resolve issues and if needed to make a complaint, but we cannot provide advice on specific medical centers or treatments.

Who to complain to?

The contacts for you to complain to are:

You can also contact us if you have difficulties with these options.

Knowing how to make a complaint

Making a complaint can be a daunting task, so knowing who you can complain to and what to do is essential. 

We can help you. We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response. 

Read our complaints advice

Complaints advocacy services

Every area of England has an independent NHS complaints advocacy service funded by the local authority. They can help you make a complaint about an NHS service or work out what you want to achieve from a complaint. 

POhWER hold the contract for our area. 

Visit POhWER website

Patient Advice Liaison Service 

Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health matters. It provides a point of contact for patients, families and carers.

PALS do not investigate individual complaints but can give you general advice about the NHS complaints procedure.

Contact PALS service