Welcome to another edition of our weekly update which is attached as a separate document that you can click on and open.
- We have launched our new survey asking for your experiences of dental services during COVID-19 lockdown (after 25 March), and views about the future (enter a prize draw for completing the survey).
- We have published three new reports. Two reports describing the outcomes of our visits to local hospitals in 2019-2020. A third report in which we have examined the data on COVID-19 to see what this actually means for our city.
- A reminder about our new care home forum. A chance for friends and family of care home residents to come together and share their experiences and ideas.
- A Blog by Sir Robert Francis, Healthwatch England Chair.
- Updated guides to seeing a GP or dentist.
Health and Social care updates:
- A new survey for people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities to share their experiences of COVID-19
- Lots of information about GPs including resumption of certain services, and reports looking at the future.
- Guidance on the different types of coronavirus testing available
- Face coverings in shops and supermarkets from 24 July
- COVID-19, cancer, and the impacts on young people
Recent government announcements on:
- Coronavirus outbreak frequently asked questions on what you can and can’t do during the coronavirus outbreak.
- £3bn for NHS to prepare for possible second wave
- Boris Johnson sets out plan for ‘significant normality’ by Christmas
- Eat Out to Help Out Scheme: promotional materials, how to register your establishment for the Scheme, and how to get a 50% discount when you eat in at restaurants that are registered with the Scheme.
- How tests and testing kits for coronavirus (COVID-19) work
- PPE portal: how to order emergency personal protective equipment
- COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection. Added updated translations.
- Government confirms allocations of £500 million additional funding for councils to help deliver essential services for residents during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.