We have been monitoring the numbers of positive COVID cases in the city and there has been a small increase, particularly in the last few weeks, and we are now seeing levels close to what they were in early May. We have included a series of tables, graphs and a map in our update. Although numbers are still low this is timely reminder that we all still have a part to play in controlling the virus, especially with winter fast approaching.
- NEW SURVEY!! We have launched a new Sussex - wide survey in which we ask for your experiences of using Patient Transport Services; plus your ideas for how it can be improved. The survey closes on 20th September. You can enter a free prize draw for taking part - Link at the bottom of page
- We have published interim results from our Digital Engagement Survey that we ran in the summer. Over 2000 people took part. Read about what people told us in the update
- Dentists: are you having trouble seeing a dentist? We would like to hear from you
- Healthwatch England has produced a range of patient facing guidance which you may find useful
Health and Social Care Update
- Video and remote consultations: a quick step-by-step guide for patients
- Join the next Big Health and Care (socially distanced) Conversation: your experiences of attending A&E during lockdown
National COVID-19 news
- The government had published a summary from a local authority survey in England to help understand the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak on children’s social care.
- The government want your views on changes to the Human Medicine Regulations to help with the safe and efficient distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine and expanded flu vaccine programme in the UK, along with treatments for COVID-19 and any other diseases that become pandemic. This consultation closes on 18 September 2020.
- Wider impacts of COVID-19 – a national report
Local COVID data: including
- Local data on COVID deaths in care homes
- Local data on COVID and updated statistics
COVID: government update:
- Including data on COVID-19: R rates, confirmed cases, deaths rates, and an update from the test and trace national testing programme.
- We have also included some recent government announcements on COVID-19.
Resources, advice, and information
- Mental Health
- Young People
As always, we have included links to Healthwatch guidance on health and social care. Plus, accessibility resources to help you communicate about COVID-19
Healthwatch website. Information is available in a variety of formats and our fully accessible COVID-19 webpage can be accessed via: https://covid.reciteme.com/healthwatchbrightonandhove/