The big issues:
- Waiting lists for Health Care
- Dental services
- Access to GP's and Primary Care
- Pressure on Health and Care staff
In the last year Healthwatch Brighton and Hove have:
- Produced 20 evidence-based reports on health and care services
- Engaged with nearly 9,000 local people
- Attended over 1,000 meetings where decisions about Health and Care were made
- Worked with 71 volunteers who have contributed an amazing 6,700 hours of their time
- Issued 72 Newsletters and Bulletins
- Helped over 400 people who contacted us via our helpline
- Helped 2603 people discharged from hospital
- Helped over 1400 people with their COVID-19 related queries.
Two of our projects were shortlisted for national awards in 2021 by Healthwatch England - our Hospital Discharge project and our work on improving End Of Life Care. Our Hospital Discharge project was "Highly Commended". Both projects recognised the amazing contribution that our volunteers had made.
Healthwatch reports and contact info
The most recent Healthwatch Brighton and Hove report, published this week, shares the experiences of LGBTQ people using Health and Care services in the City.
David Liley, CEO on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07931 755343
Geoffrey Bowden, Interim Chair, Healthwatch Brighton and Hove. email@example.com or 07958 682 683
Broadcast media: our spokesperson will be available for pre-recorded interviews either down-the-line, for radio or for television via online platforms. Should broadcasters wish to have a representative in a studio Healthwatch will try to accommodate such requests and expects interviews to be conducted in accordance with Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Twitter - @HealthwatchBH
Facebook - healthwatchbrightonandhove
Instagram - healthwatchbh