Our Mission & Values
We are working towards a society in which all of our health and social care needs are heard, understood and met.
Achieving this vision will mean that people:
- Shape health and social care delivery
- Influence the services they receive personally
- Hold services to account
We achieve this by:
- listening hard to people, especially the most vulnerable, to understand their experiences and what matters most to them;
- influencing those who have the power to change services so that they better meet people’s needs now and in the future;
- informing and empowering people to get the most from their health and social care services and encouraging other organisations to do the same;
- working with the Healthwatch network to champion service improvement and empower local people.
- We start with people first.
- We work for children, young people and adults.
- We cover all health and social care services.
- We work for everyone, not just those who shout the loudest.
- We set the agenda and make change happen.
- We are responsive. We take what we learn and translate it into action.
- We are innovative and creative. We know that we cannot fix things by sticking to the status quo.
- We work with the network of local Healthwatch organisations and Healthwatch England to make an impact both locally and nationally.
- We are independent and act on behalf of all people.
- We listen to people and speak loudly on their behalf.
- We challenge those in power to design and deliver better health and social care services.
- We like to highlight what works well but are not afraid to point out when things have gone wrong.
- We value knowledge.
- We seek out data and intelligence to challenge assumptions with facts.
- We celebrate and share good practice in health and social care.
- We hold ourselves to the highest possible standards.
- We keep the debate positive, get things done and keep you updated about the progress.
- We work in partnership with the public, the health and social care sectors and the voluntary and community sector.
- We learn from people’s experiences and from specialists and experts. We build on what is already known and collaborate in developing and sharing new insights.