About this event
- How well is Home First working – for patients, their families, carers and staff?
- How can the voluntary community sector support D2A and Home First?
Never before have hospitals been under such pressure due to the pandemic. Ensuring that patients can leave hospital safely and quickly is more crucial than ever.
This webinar brings together health and social care commissioners and voluntary care sector organisations to consider how they can collaborate to support effective hospital discharge and enable more people to recover safely at home.
Hosted by the Care and Health Improvement Programme at the Local Government Association and the British Red Cross, in partnership with the Better Care Fund Team, you will be able to hear from experts and those with first-hand experience of working to support people discharged from hospital, including:
- NHS England’s Emergency Care Improvement Support Team (ECIST) on the hospital discharge policy
- Healthwatch England and the British Red Cross on their latest research exploring people’s experiences of leaving hospital during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Best practice examples demonstrating how the voluntary care sector has been stepping up during the pandemic to relieve pressure across the health and care system and enabling people to recover safely in their homes after a hospital stay
- An opportunity to ask questions
Who is this for?
- Health and social care commissioners
- Voluntary and community sector organisations
This event is hosted by the Care and Health Improvement Programme at the Local Government Association (LGA) and the British Red Cross, in partnership with the Better Care Fund Team (BCF).