- It is still open, link at the bottom of the page
- The survey is about learning about experiences of dental services during lockdown. We also want to hear your ideas on how dental services can operate in the future building on any positive changes that occured as a result of COVID-19
Healthwatch Hospital Discharge Project Update
This project forms a vital part of our city's overall response to COVID and its success has been recognised with plans to extend it to other areas in Sussex
To date we have contacted 566 patients:
- 9% had issues we reported back to the hospital discharge team
- 28% were signposted/referred on for community support from a variety of local and national organisations.
- And the numbers of patients being referred to Healthwatch is increasing as our local hospital returns to operating at pre-COVID-19 levels
To find at more about the following click and download are bulletin at the bottom of the page:
Health and Social Care Updates
- Remotely contacting your GP via e-consult – find out more
- Join the next Big Health and Care (socially distanced) Conversation: mental health
- Mental health services and COVID-19: learn more; take a survey
- Prescriptions and pharmacies: ordering these; order any repeat prescriptions before the bank holiday weekend. Plus, an opportunity to join a panel run by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Top nurse tells Covid-19 generation: “your NHS needs you”
- Switchboard’s Trans and non-binary link is open for support and advice.
- A reminder about what you can, and can’t do
- Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings
- UK government secures new COVID-19 vaccines and backs global clinical trial
- Test and Trace: an update about the mobile app and how your data is protected
The impacts of COVID-19
- Over-Exposed and Under-Protected the Devastating Impact of COVID-19 on Black and Minority Ethnic Communities in Great Britain. A survey to understand the impact on Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people in Sussex is currently open.
- COVID-19: the social impact on disabled people
- Infection Survey: characteristics of people testing positive for COVID-19 in England, August 2020
Local COVID data: including
- Data on COVID deaths in care homes
- Local data on COVID and updated statistics published by the Council.
COVID: government update:
- Including data on COVID-19 and an update from the test and trace national testing programme.
- We also describe changes to the way daily death statistics are reported
- We have also included some recent government announcements on COVID-
Resources, advice, and information
- Fire safety: East Sussex Fire and Rescue service are offering FREE telephone assessments and smoke alarms.
- Maternity support for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people
- Access to work – support for disabled peoples
As always, we have included links to Healthwatch guidance on health and social care. Plus, accessibility resources to help you communicate about COVID-19