Since 2014, we have supported two of our local Trusts to complete their annual PLACE assessments:
- Brighton Sussex Universities Hospital Trust (BSUH)
- Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT)
Following the publication of the 2019 PLACE scores we undertook some analysis of the data to gain a better picture of what these revealed about our local hospitals (NB we do not produce the raw PLACE data). We describe the outcomes in detail, and we hope that this analysis and commentary will be useful to both BSUH and SPFT, and support them in their ongoing programme of work to improve our local hospitals and wider facilities.
- We visited 4 hospitals; 19 wards; 9 departments and 3 specialist mental health services
- 11 of our staff and volunteers took part, contributing over 75 hours. BSUH and SPFT staff also supported us.
- Our volunteers carried out 5 separate hospital food tastings, recording their findings on quality, texture and more.
2019 PLACE Results for BSUH and SPFT
Brighton and Sussex University Hospital
- Cleanliness is the Trust’s top score at 98%.
- Food scores show an average high of 91%
- Privacy, Dignity and Wellbeing is low at 70.5%.
- Condition/Appearance score is the Trust’s second highest score at 90%.
- Dementia score is low at 63%.
- Disability score is low at 71%.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Cleanliness is the Trust’s joint top score at 97%.
- Food scores show an average high of 94%.
- Privacy, Dignity and Wellbeing is high at 93%.
- Condition/Appearance score is the Trust’s other joint top score at 97%.
- Dementia score is high at 92%
- Disability score is high at 90%.