The HOPs project was developed as part of the Healthwatch, Brighton and Hove City Council and NHS response to COVID-19 but is available to Brighton and Hove residents discharged from hospital whatever their condition, COVID related or not.
April 8th – December 31st, 2020
- 2404 people have been referred to the project.
- 1331 successful contacts = 57%
- 458 attempted but unsuccessful calls 19% – were referral information indicated there might be issues, follow phone text messages were sent offering a proactive follow up.
- At any one time around 100 referrals will be active, in the hands of volunteers or waiting to be allocated to volunteers.
- 288 referred but living in a Care/Nursing Home, re-admitted to hospital, or with inaccurate or missing contact details.
- 154 No explanation for being unable to contact the person referred.
- 24.4% were referred for some form of community support.
- 24.7% of people had some issue or concerns related to their hospital discharge.